This is the privacy statement of Van Wettens.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and publish the amended version on our website.
While we endeavour to keep our website secure at all times and to ensure all information provided by Van Wettens is accurate and up to date, we take no responsibility for any error or omission relating to this information. We also advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, email, internet or social media. To the maximum extent permitted by law,Van Wettens will not be liable for any cost, loss or damage suffered by you through your use of Van Wettens website or Van Wettens failure to provide access to these websites or information updates.
To the extent that this website is published, managed or hosted by a third party on Van Wettens behalf, such third party will not be responsible for the accuracy of its contents.
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of Van Wettens.
Our privacy statement applies to our website. We are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of other websites.
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the current South African data privacy laws and the terms of this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, the relevant data privacy principles relating to the processing thereof (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) will be applied to any personal information provided by you and/or collected during your visit to our website.
2. Processing of Personal Information
Your personal information will only be processed for purposes of a first point of contact or if you have requested us to do so or consented thereto by completing the relevant communication consent on the various services offered by us or any of the companies in the Van Wettens.
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, either via our website, our Sales team(s), by e-mail, telephone or via social media, whether to enquire about one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request;
- from other companies in theVan Wettens group;
- from our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands; or
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services which you have requested;
- to help us identify you when you contact us;
- for general administration purposes;
- for legal or contractual purposes;
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to help us recover debts;
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling; and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services specified below;
- to personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- to improve our website in order to better serve you.
- to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- to send periodic emails regarding order(s) or other products and services.
We may share your personal information for any of these purposes with:
- our other Van Wettens Companies in South Africa and abroad;
- our selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands; and
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings,
- we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you;
- when we are involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We will send you notifications or communications in the event that we are obliged by law or in terms of our contractual relationship with you.
We will only disclose your personal information to government authorities if we are required to do so by law. Our employees and Group Companies and their employees, our agencies and our suppliers are required to adhere to data privacy and confidentiality principles.
We will only transfer your personal information across South African borders if the relevant transaction requires trans-border processing and will do so only in accordance with South African legislative requirements
4. Additional Contacts
We may use your personal information to contact you with news on Van Wettens and other products and services (provided by us, our other Group Companies or our selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes and, where applicable, request your opinion. We will only send you marketing communications if you give us your agreement to do so.
Your participation is completely voluntary. Should you not consent to the receipt of such communication, you can inform us at any time so that we can discontinue these services accordingly. If you wish to opt out of such marketing communications, please make use of the “Unsubscribe” option available on the relevant communication or contact our Communications Department at the number and/or email provided below.
We may also pass your information to our other Van Wettens Companies and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post, telephone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means selected by you.
You can also contact us at the Contact Details below if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on Van Wettens and other associated products and services.
5. Information Quality/Openness/Data Subject Participation
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately in order that we may update or correct our records accordingly.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. Please refer to the PAIA Manual link on our website for the process to be followed or contact us at the Contact Details situated below.
Should you have questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at the Contact Details situated below.
6. Security Safeguards
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
Third party information
If you are under 18 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality assessment purposes.
7. Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It might make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign. Disabling and Enabling Cookies You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
8. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We can use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
10. Social Plugins
We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins. For information on purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
11. Protection of email addresses
Your email address is only used for the purposes of replying to you unless you have given consent as detailed above.
12. Data protection on pixel tabs
We may use “pixel tags,” which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our websites. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use “format sensing” technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
7 Cruse Crescent
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga 1200
Last Edited on 2016-12-06